Sunday, June 14, 2009

Windmills, cattle, and coal trains

First post from Thedford, Nebraska, where eastern-bound coal trains from Gillette pass by regularly.

This journey is made possible by fossil fuels, carrying our Honda CRV, the Tortoise, Dick, the paleo-herpetologist, in search of fossil tortoises, and me, the geographer in search of how people are, or are not, changing ways to a future where we will no longer burn fossils to make our lives go round.

I'll be posting notes and pictures regularly to share the discoveries along the way this summer.

3 comments:

  1. The blog looks great, mom! I look forward to keeping tabs on your trip throughout the summer. Make sure to take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey kathy.
    I miss you too. I wish you the best on your trip. Take care. ~~love, sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, Mom! I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete